Click Here to view the Full Issue
The July 2021 issue of Reproduction contains a special editorial on 25th Anniversary of cloning by somatic-cell nuclear transfer guest edited by Dr Kevin D Sinclair.
The issue opens with a brief historical perspective of the scientific legacy of Dolly from one of the co-authors (Prof Dr Angelika Schnieke) of the article that first reported this development in 1997. Klinger & Schnieke (2021)summarise current applications of SCNT and discuss its relevance in the 21st century. There then follows two articles that each provide both a historical and contemporary perspective on the role of SCNT in the generation of GM livestock. The first article (Polejaeva 2021) provides a detailed overview of the technical advances made in GM technologies over the past 25 years from a leading member of the team that produced the first cloned pigs by SCNT in 2000. This article also offers a perspective on the current and future role of SCNT in the creation of genetically engineered animals; a perspective that is extended by Galli & Lazzari (2021) who consider applications in several large-animal species together with intellectual-property and regulatory challenges that will ultimately determine its use.
Explore this special issue:
25th Anniversary of cloning by somatic-cell nuclear transfer. Dr Kevin D Sinclair.
Dolly at 25… is she ‘… still goin’ strong?’ Author(s): Kevin D Sinclair
- 25th ANNIVERSARY OF CLONING BY SOMATIC-CELL NUCLEAR TRANSFER Twenty-five years after Dolly: how far have we come? Author(s): Bernhard Klinger and Angelika Schnieke
- 25th ANNIVERSARY OF CLONING BY SOMATIC CELL NUCLEAR TRANSFER: Generation of genetically engineered livestock using somatic cell nuclear transfer Author(s): Irina A Polejaeva
- 25th ANNIVERSARY OF CLONING BY SOMATIC-CELL NUCLEAR TRANSFER: Current applications of SCNT in advanced breeding and genome editing in livestock Author(s): Cesare Galli and Giovanna Lazzari
- 25th ANNIVERSARY OF CLONING BY SOMATIC-CELL NUCLEAR TRANSFER: Scientific and technological approaches to improve SCNT efficiency in farm animals and pets Author(s): Pasqualino Loi, Luca Palazzese, Pier Augusto Scapolo, Josef Fulka Jr, Helena Fulka, and Marta Czernik
- 25th ANNIVERSARY OF CLONING BY SOMATIC-CELL NUCLEAR TRANSFER: Epigenetic abnormalities associated with somatic cell nuclear transfer Author(s): Atsuo Ogura, Shogo Matoba, and Kimiko Inoue
- 25th ANNIVERSARY OF CLONING BY SOMATIC-CELL NUCLEAR TRANSFER: Nuclear transfer and the development of genetically modified/gene edited livestock Author(s): Ramiro Alberio and Eckhard Wolf
- 25th ANNIVERSARY OF CLONING BY SOMATIC-CELL NUCLEAR TRANSFER: Cloning, mitochondrial replacement and genome editing: 25 years of ethical debate since Dolly Author(s): Andy Greenfield
- Different regulation of IRE1α and eIF2α pathways by oxygen and insulin in ACH-3P trophoblast model Author(s): Veronika Tandl, Denise Hoch, Julia Bandres-Meriz, Sanela Nikodijevic, Gernot Desoye, and Alejandro Majali-Martinez
- Urocortins exhibit differential effects on PGE2and PGF2α output via CRHR2 in human myometrium Author(s): Xingji You, Zixi Chen, Qianqian Sun, Ruojin Yao, Hang Gu, and Xin Ni
- Role of cAMP/PKA/CREB pathway and β-arrestin 1 in LH induced luteolysis in pregnant rats Author(s): Akshi Vashistha, H Rahaman Khan, and Medhamurthy Rudraiah
- miR-3074-5p/CLN8 pathway regulates decidualization in recurrent miscarriage Author(s): Nan Meng, Xinyue Wang, Yan Shi, Yanyan Mao, Qian Yang, Baohui Ju, Qianxi Zhu, Tingting Zhang, Yan Gu, and Xuan Zhang
- Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M5 is involved in spermatogenesis through the modification of cell–cell junctions Author(s): Xiao Han, Cong Zhang, Xiangping Ma, Xiaowei Yan, Bohui Xiong, Wei Shen, Shen Yin, Hongfu Zhang, Qingyuan Sun, and Yong Zhao
- Obesity modifies the implantation window and disrupts intrauterine embryo positioning in rats Author(s): María Victoria Bazzano, Gisela Belén Sarrible, Martín Berón de Astrada, and Evelin Elia
- Melatonin ameliorates ovarian dysfunction by regulating autophagy in PCOS via the PI3K-Akt pathway Author(s): Fenfen Xie, Junhui Zhang, Muxin Zhai, Yajing Liu, Hui Hu, Zhen Yu, Junqiang Zhang, Shuai Lin, Dan Liang, and Yunxia Cao
- Differential effects of trichostatin A on mouse embryogenesis and development Author(s): Cheng Peng, Zhuo Lv, Tang Hai, Xiangpeng Dai, and Qi Zhou
- Effects of postovulatory oviduct changes and female restraint stress on aging of mouse oocytes Author(s): Qiao-Qiao Kong, Guo-Liang Wang, Jin-Song An, Jia Wang, Hao Cheng, Tao Liu, and Jing-He Tan
Watch this video from Guest Editor, Professor Kevin Sinclair