Roger Short Medal and Lecture
The RV Short Medal Winner for 2023
Inaugural Lecture will be held on 25 November 2023 at 2pm (AEST)
Click on the link below to join
Professor Niamh Forde
RV Short Medal and Lecture 2023
The Society for Reproductive Biology (SRB, Australasia), the Society for Reproduction and Fertility (SRF, UK) and the Society for the Study of Reproduction (SSR, North America) are delighted to announce the RV Short Medal and Lecture as an exciting new initiative to recognize emerging early career researchers across the globe. Roger Short was an inspirational reproductive biologist and his depth of insight into so many aspects of reproductive biology research was truly astonishing. Throughout his career, Roger was hugely supportive of early career researchers and this award is designed to recognize emerging research leaders that possess the same spirit of discovery, creativity, and imagination as Roger himself.
The initiative has been developed by Marilyn Renfree, Jock Findlay and the Presidents/Chairs of the SRB, SSF and SSR.
The RV Short Medal and Lecture will be awarded annually to an innovative young researcher who has made outstanding discoveries in the field of reproductive science within a period up to 10 years of establishing their independence. The intent of the award is to recognize those who possess the spirit of discovery, creativity and imagination epitomized by the career of Roger Short.
The following guidelines for nominations apply:
- Any financial member of the SSR, SRB or SRF may nominate a candidate, irrespective of the candidate’s country of origin or whether or not the candidate has been nominated for or received a society award.
- Nominations are to be submitted online to the award website on each society’s web page by the closing date, normally at least 6 months before the time of the lecture.
- The award committee will select the medalist from the nominations received, irrespective of the candidate’s country of origin.
- It is expected that the candidate is, or will become, a member of one of the Societies.
- A previous RV Short medalist is not eligible for nomination.
- To avoid any conflict of interest, a member of the award committee must declare any personal relationship with a nominated candidate and cannot nominate a person for the Award.
- The candidate must agree to be nominated and to any audio-visual requirements in conjunction with the award.
Deadline extended until 1st June 2023