You are invited to attend PET‘s 2021 Annual Conference ‘REPRODUCING REGULATION: WHO REGULATES FERTILITY AND HOW?‘, which will be held online from 9.15am–5.45pm on Wednesday 1 December 2021.
The conference will explore the law and regulation that govern reproductive medicine and research, both nationally and internationally.
Conference sessions include:
• THE ROLE OF THE REGULATOR: UK PERSPECTIVES
• FERTILITY ACROSS JURISDICTIONS: INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVES
• ALL FAMILIES GREAT AND SMALL: CHANGING FAMILY FORMS
• NEW FRONTIERS: FUTUREPROOFING FERTILITY AND EMBRYO LAW
Confirmed speakers and chairs include:
• JULIA CHAIN (Chair of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority)
• PROFESSOR CARLOS CALHAZ-JORGE (Chair of ESHRE)
• DR LOUISE STRONG (Director of Consumer Protection at the UK Government‘s Competition and Markets Authority)
• DR JAMIE METZL (Technology and Healthcare Futurist, and member of the World Health Organisation‘s Advisory Committee on Genome Editing)
• PROFESSOR EMILY JACKSON (Professor of Law at the LSE)
• DR RAJ MATHUR (Chair of the British Fertility Society)
• JULIET TIZZARD (Director of Policy and Partnerships at the Health Research Authority)
• PROFESSOR INSOO HYUN (Chair of the Ethics Committee of the International Society for Stem Cell Research)
• PROFESSOR ANJA BISGAARD PINBORG (Chief Consultant at Rigshospitalet‘s Juliane Marie Centre)
• PROFESSOR SARAH FRANKLIN (Director of the University of Cambridge‘s Reproductive Sociology Research Group)
• PROFESSOR ALLAN PACEY (Professor of Andrology at the University of Sheffield)
• PROFESSOR HEIDI MERTES (Professor of Ethics at Ghent University)
• NATALIE SUTHERLAND (Partner at Burgess Mee Family Law)
• DR EDGAR MOCANU (Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Rotunda Hospital Dublin)
• KATHERINE O’BRIEN (Associate Director of Communications and Campaigns at the British Pregnancy Advisory Service)
• ANA PEREIRA DAOUD (Researcher at Maastricht University, investigating ethical and policy implications of stem-cell-based embryo models)
• ANDREW POWELL (Specialist Family Law Barrister at 4 Paper Buildings)
• FIONA FOX (Chief Executive of the Science Media Centre)
• DR NATHALIE VERMEULEN (Senior Research Specialist at ESHRE)
• SARAH NORCROSS (Director of PET)
The conference is supported by the Anne McLaren Memorial Trust Fund, the Edwards and Steptoe Research Trust Fund, ESHRE, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Hart Publishing, the Society for Reproduction and Fertility, Theramex, TMRW Life Sciences and Vitrolife.
Full details of the conference – including the agenda, ticket prices and how to register – can be found here. Note that there is an early-bird discount on the standard attendance fee, if you register before 30 September.
You may also be interested in the following two free-to-attend evening events which we are holding in the run-up to the conference, both of which are produced in partnership with the Scottish Government.
• ADVANCES IN ASSISTED REPRODUCTION: WHAT CAN WE EXPECT?
Wednesday 6 October 2021, 5.30pm-7pm (BST)
See here for details and registration.