A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Vasantha Padmanabhan in the Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan
For this position, we are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying the impact of prenatal exposure to native steroids / environmental disrupting chemicals in programming reproductive and cardiometabolic dysfunction. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. degree in biological / health sciences (or related field) and a strong background in molecular biology techniques.
Specific Position Duties
- Perform experiments using advanced biomedical research techniques
- Have the primary responsibility for writing scientific publications.
- Present the results at national and international scientific meetings
- Participate in writing grant applications
- PhD in relevant scientific area including Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Reproductive Biology and/or Biochemistry.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in molecular biology techniques (see desired skills below)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently but also a team player
- A strong work ethic and a commitment to becoming an independent scientist
- Demonstrated skills in scientific writing (based on publication record)
Desired or preferred previous experience with: molecular assays (DNA/RNA isolation, quantitative RT-PCR), blotting/probing, histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, imaging and data analyses, RNA seq,
Application materials should include
- Cover letter
- 1-page description of research experience as well as qualifications and interest in this position
- CV including prior positions, publications and technical expertise
- Contact information of three references who may be contacted
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Vasantha Padmanabhan (email@example.com)