Previous Anniversary Issues
This issue is guest edited by Gianpiero Palermo and Claire O’Neill. You can read their editorial here.
Gianpiero Palermo has recorded a short video discussing the success of ICSI since its inception and looking toward the future of assisted reproductive technology.
The anniversary reviews that make up the special issue are:
- The safety of intracytoplasmic sperm injection and long-term outcomes by Nigel Pereira, et al.
- The pioneering of intracytoplasmic sperm injection: historical perspectives by Zev Rosenwaks and Nigel Pereira
- Stem cells, in vitro gametogenesis and male fertility by Go Nagamatsu and Katsuhiko Hayashi
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection in domestic and wild animals by Daniel F Salamone, Natalia G Canel and María Belén Rodríguez
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: state of the art in humans by G D Palermo et al.
Publication of Sex in 3 Cities Review
Richard M Sharpe, who gave the 2017 Sex in 3 Cities lecture series, has published a review article based on the content of his talks.
The article, entitled “Programmed for sex: Nutrition-reproduction relationships from an inter-generational perspective”, encourages readers to consider reproduction as a long-term investment whereby nature has evolved epigenetic regulatory mechanisms that enable the rapid adaptation of offspring to their perceived nutritional environment.
Read the review here.
30 years of interferon-tau
Professor Michael Roberts is the guest editor of Reproduction’s anniversary issue commemorating 30 years of interferon-tau.
Read Professor Roberts’ editorial here.
Professor Roberts has also kindly recorded a video linked to this anniversary issue that can be viewed below.
Anniversary Reviews comprising the anniversary issue:
The evolution of interferon-tau by Alan D Ealy and Lydia K Wooldridge
Chronicling the discovery of interferon tau by Fuller W Bazer and William W Thatcher
Transcriptional control of IFNT expression by Toshihiko Ezashi and Kazuhiko Imakawa
Interferon-tau and fertility in ruminants by N Forde and P Lonergan
Paracrine and endocrine actions of interferon tau (IFNT) by Thomas R Hansen, Leticia D P Sinedino, and Thomas E Spencer