Who we are
The Society for Reproduction and Fertility (SRF) was established to promote research in reproduction and to disseminate information to the public at large.
The Society was formed in July 2001 through the amalgamation of the Society for the Study of Fertility (SSF) and the Journals of Reproduction and Fertility Ltd (JRF). The SRF carries forward the long standing heritage of the SSF/JRF in being one of the principal scientific societies specialising in reproductive biology, both within the UK and internationally.
The Society’s principal aim is to support research and teaching in all aspects of reproductive biology. This is accomplished through the following specific activities:
- Supporting and organizing at least one substantial scientific meeting per year. (As of January 2017 this became the joint Fertility meeting with ACE and BFS held every year).
- Providing sponsorship for workshops to discuss specific topics of relevance to the society in detail.
- Providing financial assistance for members to attend SRF meetings, and other meetings as appropriate, through the provision of travel grants.
- Providing funds for Summer studentships enabling undergraduate students to gain research experience by undertaking a research project in reproductive biology.
- Providing financial support to cover travel and living expenses, enabling senior traveling scientists to give a series of lectures at different venues throughout the UK, and potentially expanding into Europe.
- Providing members with an interactive website with links to disseminate information and discussions on topics of general and specific interest to members.
- Assessing and, where appropriate, supporting new initiatives that arise which will benefit the membership.
- Producing a monthly journal which publishes top quality papers in reproductive biology.
- Publishing proceedings of meetings or symposia as supplements.
The Society for Reproduction and Fertility is a Company Limited by Guarantee and Registered as a charity. Registered in England No. 00647816. Registered Charity No. 261433. VAT Registration No. 213 5588 68.
Registered office: c/o The Conference Collective Ltd, 8 Waldegrave Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8GT, UK. Tel: +44 (0) 20 8977 7997 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org