Fertility 2022 Bursary – apply now!
Fertility 2022, the joint annual conference of ARCS, BFS and the SRF is the main scientific conference in the SRF’s annual calendar of events. As there are still many uncertainties due to the COVID pandemic, Fertility 2022 is being planned as a hybrid conference, with overseas speakers delivering their talks virtually. We are currently planning for registration and attendance in-person at the conference, and are working on provision for our overseas members. Details on this to follow ASAP. The programme will include all the regular Fertility sessions over 4 days, from Wednesday 5 to Saturday 7 January 2022, the SRF Satellite Day will again be held on Wednesday 5 January.
The SRF Council are continuing to support the conference and encourage as many members as possible to attend the event by applying for the specific, stand alone, SRF Fertility Bursary. The 2022 SRF Bursary is open to all members who have paid for two years* membership fees.
The Fertility Bursary is open to all members (Full, Early Career, Retired and Honorary) and is a stand-alone bursary. All members can apply annually, including members who have received a Travel Grant in the past 2 years.
Fertility Bursary Eligibility:
All Full, Retired*, Honorary* and Early Career (EC)** Members who have been SRF Members for at least 2 membership years (i.e. must have paid for membership in 2020 and renewed and paid for 2021) are eligible to apply.
*These members are exempt from membership payment and this requirement does not apply.
** The requirement for the 2 membership years will be waived for EC Members who are undergraduate, Masters or PhD students irrespective of year of study providing they have paid for 2021 membership. A confirmation letter from their supervisor will be required on application.
All members will pay a registration fee for the Fertility bursary; SRF will cover the remainder registration fee, members will be expected to pay;
- Early Bird registration £20 on application (SRF Bursary will cover £355 until 31 October 2021.
- Normal registration £120 on application (SRF Bursary will cover £355 from 1 November until 10 December 2021.
For members who wish to apply to attend the conference in Liverpool this will include the following:
As indicated above.
A fixed sum of £50 per night for 3 nights (up to £150 for the entire meeting) will be available for all SRF Members except those residing (home address) in Liverpool (i.e. within 10 km of the venue).
SRF will reimburse the cheapest economy fare on public transport* or car allowance (40p per mile), from the applicants’ place of work to their accommodation on arrival and departure only, to the maximum of the fixed rate below. Any other travel expenses i.e. between accommodation and venue, taxi or similar modes of transport not be reimbursed.
Support will be offered to all Bursary applicants based upon a fixed band system on distance travelled from your place of work. To ensure fairness, this distance will be calculated using an online tool based on distance as the ‘crow flies’ as follows:
Terms Fertility 2022 Bursary
- If the physical meeting is cancelled, all attendees will automatically be transferred to virtual registration.
- All fees paid by the applicant are non-refundable unless the meeting is cancelled in full and cannot proceed online.
- When registering you must confirm that you have paid for membership as requested, if unsure please contact the SRF Secretariat.
- All members will be expected to pay for their accommodation and travel and submit a claim with all receipts – claims without receipts will not be paid – after the conference, only one claim can be made per applicant.
- Accommodation and travel expenses will be paid on confirmation form the organisers that you attended the conference.
- The Fertility Early Bird registration deadline is 31 October members will be expected to pay the extra £120 for the Full registration fee on application after this date.
Currently Fertility 22 is being planned as a full attendance event, it is your responsibility to ensure that all reservations you make for travel and accommodation can be cancelled. SRF will not cover any accommodation or travel costs if the Full Attendance meeting is cancelled.
How to Apply
- Application is via the SRF website.
- You will be asked to pay the extra cost (non-refundable) as specified immediately, during the bursary application process on the SRF website.
You will receive confirmation from the SRF Secretariat (The Conference Collective) within 2 weeks of applying for the bursary.
You must not register directly for Fertility this will be done by the Secretariat on 1 December 2021. You will receive confirmation from the Fertility Conference organisers after this date.
Any questions regarding the SRF Bursary should be directed to the SRF Secretariat: Tel: +44 (0) 20 8977 7997 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Questions directly relating to the Fertility 2020 meeting should be directed to the conference organisers Profile Productions: Tel: +44(0)20 3725 5840 Email: email@example.com Web: www.fertilityconference.org