Bursary for Fertility 2019
APPLICATIONS FOR SRF FERTILITY 2019 BURSARIES ARE NOW CLOSED
A pdf version of the following information is available to download at the bottom of this page.
Aim: Fertility 2019, the joint annual conference of ACE, BFS and the SRF is the main scientific conference in the SRF’s annual calendar of events. Fertility 2019 will take place at the ICC Birmingham, UK 3 – 5 January 2019 and the SRF wishes to encourage and support the attendance of its Members. To this end we will once again be offering SRF Bursaries which will support (i) Registration, (ii) Accommodation and (iii) Travel for SRF delegates.
This is a stand-alone bursary and so the eligibility criteria which relates to SRF travel grants only being awarded once in any 2-year period does not apply. Members who have received a travel grant within the past 2 years may apply for a bursary to attend Fertility 2019. Likewise, members who received a bursary to attend Fertility 2018 ARE entitled to also apply for a Fertility 2019 bursary.
The Bursary available for Fertility 2019 (below) will be reviewed after the meeting by SRF Council and may be revised for future annual meetings.
SRF FERTILITY 2019 BURSARY PLAN:
Non-Statutory Full, Early Career (ECM)* and Retired Members who have been SRF Members for at least 2 membership years (i.e. must have been a member in 2017 and renewed and paid for 2018) are eligible to apply.
* The requirement for the 2 membership years will be waived for ECM Members in the first year of their PhD or at BSc/MSc education levels.
Honorary Members are also able to apply for a bursary to attend Fertility 2019.
The bursary comprises of all three parts listed below:
Full, Early Career**, Retired Members and Honorary Members attending all days of the Fertility meeting will be eligible for £365 to cover fully the cost of the Member Full Conference ‘Early Bird’ registration fee (£365). The Registration part of the bursary will be proportionately reduced for delegates attending only one or two days of the meeting. The SRF will also cover the cost for delegates who wish to attend the conference dinner.
**Fertility also offers a Student registration rate. This is applicable to our Early Career Members but only those who are undergraduate, unsalaried students. The rate is £150 (fixed rate for attending part or all of the conference) and if eligible, this is the level of registration fee that will be covered by the SRF for their attendance. Members who meet the criteria should select the ‘Student Member Registration’ when indicating on the bursary application form what type of registration they intend to make for Fertility. When going on to register for Fertility, students will be contacted by the Fertility organisers to ask for proof of status.
A fixed sum of £100/night for 3 nights (up to £300 for the entire meeting) will be available for all SRF Members except those residing (home address) in Birmingham (i.e. within 10 km of the ICC).
Support will be offered to all Bursary applicants based upon a fixed band system on distance travelled from your place of work. To ensure fairness, this distance will be calculated using an online tool based on distance as the ‘crow flies’ as follows:
Note: The Registration element of the bursary will be taken off ‘at source’ i.e. You will receive a discount code from the SRF which you will need to input when registering online to ensure you are not charged for registration (or are charged the difference between early bird and standard rates if you register after 31 October 2018).
Bursary Accommodation and Travel components will be paid to you directly after the SRF has received proof of registration but, where possible, before the conference takes place.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your Bursary application by completing the form which can be found HERE.
- PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE SRF TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO FERTILITY BURSARIES AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD HERE AS YOU WILL BE ASKED TO ACCEPT THESE DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
- Your application will then be checked by the SRF Secretariat. If approved, the Secretariat will issue you with
- i) a unique registration discount code
- ii) a bespoke expense claim form detailing the funds that the SRF will offer to cover your travel and accommodation. You will also need to complete the form with your bank details to facilitate reimbursement for your travel and accommodation entitlement.
- Once you receive the discount code, you should proceed to register for the Fertility meeting as soon as possible***
- When your Fertility registration has been confirmed, email a copy of your registration confirmation and completed claim form to the SRF Secretariat.
- Once the SRF has received confirmation of your registration, your claim for travel and accommodation will be processed. Where possible this will be before the conference takes place. Please note that up to £300 for accommodation will be paid upfront in good faith but a copy of receipts may be requested after the conference.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU REQUIRE A VISA TO TRAVEL TO FERTILITY 2019, IN LINE WITH OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE TRAVEL FUNDS WILL ONLY BE TRANSFERRED ONCE YOU HAVE PROVIDED EVIDENCE THAT THE REQUIRED VISA HAS BEEN SECURED.
- Recipients of bursaries will be required to check-in at the SRF exhibition stand during the conference to reconfirm their attendance.
***Important: The Fertility early bird registration deadline is 31 October. If you complete your Fertility registration after 31 October, you will need to pay the difference between the early bird and standard registration rates. The Registration part of the SRF bursary will not increase to cover the higher rates. To fully benefit from the Bursary being offered, please ensure your bursary application reaches the SRF Secretariat by Monday 15 October to allow time for us to process it and for you to then register before the early bird deadline.
The final closing date for SRF Bursary applications to attend Fertility 2019 is Friday 30 November 2018 subject to available funds. Applications will not be considered after this date.
Any questions regarding the SRF Bursary should be directed to the SRF Secretariat:
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8977 7997 Email: email@example.com
Questions directly relating to the Fertility 2019 meeting should be directed to the conference organisers Profile Productions:
Tel: +44(0)20 3725 5840 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org